Here are the five customer experience competencies that will create a reliable customer experience across the organization and earn you the right to grow.
This is an update that puts “Customers as Assets” in the #1 position since the first order of business is to know how well you are managing customers as an asset of your company.
1. Customers as assets
- Knowing the growth or loss of customers.
- Caring about the “why?”
2. Align operations around experience design
- Driving accountability to the stages as customers experience them, not down your silos.
- Identifying priorities to drive united focus.
3. Customer listening
- Knowing and caring about real time emerging issues, and mapping them to the customer journey.
- Uniting how you identify and act on issues/opportunities.
4. Customer experience reliability
- Proactively managing key cross-company process/KPI metrics — to hold yourselves accountable to deliver experience reliability.
- Driving on-going action on emerging issues before customers tell you.
5. Leadership and customer experience culture
- Uniting your actions by clarity of purpose.
- Driving regular CX accountability for taking focused actions.
- Giving people permission and enabling them to deliver customer experience reliability.