We’re big fans of author of The Fortune Cookie Principle and TEDx speaker Bernadette Jiwa, who says that good marketing tells a story. But for you to tell a story people will talk about, you need to know what makes your company meaningful — how it makes a difference.
She’s put out this worksheet to accompany her new book, Difference, where Bernadette shares “The Difference Model,” a guide to help businesses figure out what makes them remarkable. We think it’s a great tool to help you find your company’s story.
In this download of “The Difference Map,” Bernadette asks you to think about:
- Principles: The facts about your business, your industry, and your customers
- Purpose: Why you do what you do
- People: Who your stuff is for and what matters to them
- Personal: How your company makes a difference in how people feel
- Perception: Your company’s current reputation and what you want people to believe about you
- Product: What makes your stuff “the missing piece” in your customers’ lives
Download “The Difference Map” one-page worksheet here.