A huge company with a lot of history like Coca-Cola has tons of stories to tell — some are remarkable and some — not so much. According to Ashley Callahan, their Manager of Digital Communications and Social Media, to keep Coke’s content compelling for their social content hub, Coca-Cola Journey, they ask a series of questions about each story.
Here are three of them:
- Does it pass the water cooler test?
- Does it surprise you?
- Does it have universal appeal?
In her presentation at SocialMedia.org’s BlogWell conference, Ashley explains why each of these questions helps determine if people will share their stories, plus more from their compelling content checklist.
Ashley also shares:
- How Coca-Cola Journey helps them handle crises situations
- Which term people search for most on their site
- How using data helps them make decisions on what stories to share