Every time you make something remarkable — your products, your customer service, your policies — good things happen.
Want to get more applications from smart job seekers, for example? Make a job ad worth sharing.
Check out the job ad below from the always-creative team at Old Spice’s agency, Wieden + Kennedy. Not only do all the challenges weed out the time-wasting resume blasters, but they’re also getting a whole bunch of people talking:
Do you regularly surf the Web?
Can you do Facebook?
Does the prospect of a more digital future get you jazzed?
W+K believes that the World Wide Web has the potential to go mainstream.
That’s why we’re looking for a social strategist to help us usher in the future for our beloved client Old Spice.
We’ve created a series of Internet challenges to help us find the perfect candidate. If you think you have what it takes to succeed in the world of tomorrow, we encourage you to participate. All of the pertinent information is below. Good luck, cyber warriors.
Beginning Monday, October 29, 2012, candidates will have five days to complete one or more of the challenges listed below. Once completed, proof should be submitted in the form of a case study presentation deck outlining what you did and why it was effective. All decks are due on or before Monday, November 5, at 5:00pm PST, and can be submitted using the form below.
Before you get started, there are a few rules to keep in mind:
- You can submit one entry to each challenge.
- You may not mention Old Spice, Wieden + Kennedy or the fact that you’re trying to get a job with us publicly in any way while attempting to complete a challenge.
- You must be 21 or over and have current eligible work authorization in the United States.
- Don’t do or say anything that would get you fined if you were a really good wide receiver on a professional football team.
- Everything you submit has to be original and created by you.
- Challenge 1 – Create the best original Pinterest board dedicated to the sport of inline speed skating (NOT roller-hockey).
- Challenge 2 – Create and post an original piece of content to Reddit that then receives the most upvotes in a single week.
- Challenge 3 – Create and upload to SlideShare an original, in-depth competitive analysis of the Ed Hardy social media ecosystem.
- Challenge 4 – Get the most people to friend your mother or your father (or a parent-like figure in your life) on Facebook in a single week.
- Challenge 5 – Create an original (new) Twitter account and then use it to get the most followers in a week using any verbs you like, but only the following nouns: “BLUEFUDGE,” “HAMMERPANTS” and “GREEK YOGURT.”
- Challenge 6 – Create an original YouTube video that then receives the most plays in a single week using this script verbatim:
- #1: “Wait. What are you doing?”
- #2: “Trust me. This will be fine.”
- #1: “Ok. Go ahead.”
- Challenge 7 – Get recommendations on LinkedIn from at least three other people trying to get this job.
- Challenge 8 – Create the most reviewed recipe on allrecipes.com in a single week using cottage cheese as an ingredient. The reviews don’t have to be good.
- Challenge 9 – Upload the most pictures of your armpit(s) to Instagram during the course of this challenge. The pictures must have your face in them to verify your identity and include the hashtag #mypits.
- Challenge 10 – Using Quora, give thought-out, meaningful answers to as many dream catcher-related questions as possible in a single week.